Consider the following scenario: you’re on vacation at a beach and you forget to bring your sunscreen. Doesn’t that sound horrifying? Applying sunscreen is essential even if you are not on vacation. Sunscreen for face protects your skin from premature ageing caused by sun exposure, such as wrinkles and melanin deposits.
We are constantly reminded of the importance of wearing sunscreen, but we are rarely shown how to apply it. If you’ve ever wondered if you’re applying sunscreen correctly, you’re not alone. Even if you applied SPF, you could have ended up with a nasty sunburn. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about correctly applying sunscreen.
Correct way to use sunscreen or sun cream
The distinction between sunscreen and sunblock
Although sunblock and sunscreen for the face serve the same purpose, they do so in slightly different ways. Sunblock, also known as mineral sunscreen, is a physical defence that absorbs UV rays using minerals and begins working immediately after application. Sunscreen, on the other hand, is a chemical formula that works by absorbing into the skin. It should be applied at least 10 minutes before going out in the sun to allow it to absorb.
Step-by-step instructions for applying sunscreen
Sunblock, as previously stated, is immediately effective, but SPF must absorb into the skin for at least 10 minutes before sun exposure. Except for the timing, both products are used in the same way.
- Use a mild face cleanser before squeezing any sunscreen from the bottle and after that use a toner for face suitable according to your skin type.
Shake SPF bottles vigorously. This thoroughly mixes and distributes all particles throughout the container.
2. Before using sunblock use vitamin c serum for face and then Instead of squeezing a large blob of sunscreen onto your hands and dabbing it on your face, dab it directly onto your face. This method allows it to absorb faster and more evenly.
3. Use sunscreen first, then best face moisturizer. Starting with clean, dry skin is ideal. Using zinc oxide or titanium dioxide sunscreen, on the other hand, is less of an issue.
4. Because most people do not apply enough sunscreen, it is acceptable to apply more than you think. It is always better to use too much than too little. To cover their entire body, an adult needs about two tablespoons of sunscreen.
5. Wear sunscreen on all of your exposed skin. This includes areas that are often overlooked, such as your back, ears, behind your knees, and legs.
6. Reapply as needed throughout the day. At the very least, apply sunscreen every 2 hours. Reapply sunscreen to any areas you may have missed after 30 minutes in the sun.
7. Apply sunscreen to your skin every day. Most sun exposure, according to dermatologists, is incidental and causal, meaning you get it while walking to the subway, eating lunch, or looking out your office window.
Use your sunscreen to its full potential.
- Sunscreen application is not a one-time event, and simply wearing sunscreen does not mean you will not be burned. To get the best sun protection, follow these guidelines:
2. Sunscreen will not protect you from sunburn. Sunburn is more likely between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
Use caution when applying sunscreen.
3. Use sunscreen and insect repellent separately rather than as a combination product, use a higher SPF, and reapply frequently.
Wearing sunscreen correctly and on a daily basis will not only help prevent sunburn, but it will also help prevent sun damage, reducing your reliance on skin repairing or anti-aging beauty products. According to dermatologists, most people do not reapply sunscreen on a regular basis as directed on the bottle.
We hope you follow these steps and tips for correctly applying sunscreen and achieve the best results. Now that summer has arrived, keep your sunscreen handy and don’t hold don’t hold yourself back from curating a summer specific skin care routine! Femica has a variety of products that can be added to your skincare kit this summer, visit the website and explore for yourself to binge on clean skincare products!