Learning to write a research paper is one of the cornerstones of the university experience. A research paper is a written document that analyzes and organizes information collected through research to answer the question selected by your professor. Writing a research paper for the university is a little different from your typical high school essay. Moreover, due to the extensive research involved, students often find it challenging to curate an impressive paper and look for research writing service providers for help.
Regardless of their discipline, every student encounters a research paper at least once during their entire academic journey. If you are a college or university student, you will have to write specific research papers before graduating. However, writing a stellar research paper can be time-consuming and daunting, especially if you are a novice. This is when students look for research writing services to gain complete assistance in writing an impactful and effective paper.
If you struggle to write a substantial research paper and aspire to get stellar grades, then here are specific steps that can act as a checklist to ensure you write a professional academic paper.
6 Steps To Write A Qualitative Research Paper
Identify The Purpose Of The Paper
Every research paper has a purpose, and identifying that purpose is the key to focusing on your research paper. While doing academic research, it is essential to define the purpose, and this is where your research statement comes in. A research statement clearly describes the objective of your quantitative or qualitative research.
In your research paper, your purpose statement tells you what the research is going to be about. It defines the reasons, goals, and direction of your conducted research. If you wonder how to identify the purpose of your research paper, take a look.
- Define your research study’s qualitative or qualitative and use dynamic words to clarify your intent.
- Define clearly how the research takes place and discuss what or who will be researched.
- Clarify where your research will take place and define the methodologies carried out to gather information.
Refine The Research Paper
Here you need to focus your research question. Ask yourself what the thing that you don’t know about the topic is. This question will drive you towards solid research. This is where you need to find the subject of your research.
Sometimes a topic is given to you, and sometimes your professors require you to find a topic for yourself. If you wonder how to write a research paper and are unaware of selecting an engaging topic for yourself, you can always take help from professionals. If you struggle to refine your research question, here are some tips to help.
- Always ask hypothetical questions and try to find out the “what if” of every question.
- See how the topic fits into a larger context and reflect on your disagreement pints with solid evidence.
- Ask questions that will build your arguments and enable you to gather strong evidence for your agreements.
Have An Organized Approach
Once you have selected your topic, you now need to decide what type of information is required to answer the prompt. Next, you need to think about how various sections of the paper will fit together and form a wholesome assignment. This will determine the organization of your writing. You may need to do a bit of background research, and the structure might change every now and then.
Determine how many paragraphs you want for your paper and what is information you are willing to add to each section. If you think organizing your research paper is challenging, here are some tips to help.
- Determine the structure and outline of your research paper as instructed by the professors.
- Create a mind map to generate simple ideas and hold a brainstorming session to fir each idea into relevant categories.
- Focus on each paragraph with a clear topic sentence that will form the base of your argument, and remember not to include more than one topic sentence in one paragraph.
Once you are done with all the preliminary stages, it is now time to gather information. Researching is one of the most crucial components of writing an incredible research paper. However, most students find it highly challenging to hone their research skills and require an expert for writing a research paper.
These experts have access to a vast library of books, journals, and PDFs that enable the collection of information from credible sources. In addition, the internet is an enormous resource that allows you to find the best information for your topic. However, it sometimes becomes challenging to find trustworthy sources. Follow these tips to gather substantial evidence.
- To collect data, look for adequate and genuine resources like academic journals, government articles, etc.
- Cross-check your primary and secondary sources to figure out whether or not the information you have acquired is valid and authentic.
- While reading the articles, look at their introduction, structure, conclusion, etc., to verify if the arguments suffice the requirements of your research question.
Cite Your Sources
The following essential requirement of writing a stellar research paper is to cite your sources accurately. Unfortunately, with so many citation styles out there, students often find it challenging to follow all the structures and guidelines appropriately. This is when they look for research writing experts to help them.
However, there are several students who wish to do everything independently, and they read citation study guides to grasp all the formatting styles and guidelines. Citing your sources allows your readers to understand where the information has come from, and they will be able to look up the original subject matter. If you wonder how to cite your sources, take a look.
- Figure out the formatting style your professors gave and follow the guidelines.
- Gather all the required information to cite your sources, like the author’s publication year, the article’s title, etc.
- Try to cite your sources as and when you mention them so that you don’t end up forgetting.
Edit And Proofread
The last and final step is to edit and proofread your paper. This step is as essential as writing the actual research assignment. Moreover, just one minor spelling mistake can ruin your entire effort and progress regardless of your impeccable writing skills.
Document editing consumes a significant portion of your writing time, and yet sometimes, errors can still spill through the cracks. On the other hand, spending time on refining and polishing your document translates into high-value and substantive work. So, if you are wondering how to edit and proofread, here effectively are some tips to help.
- Find out any spelling, grammar, or typos errors that might have occurred while writing.
- Look for sentence structural errors, misplaced words, citation errors, word count, etc.
- If you feel exhausted after writing a lengthy paper, approach a fresh pair of eyes and find it challenging to review your paper yourself.
It is a convention that an academic research paper needs to have a tight and precise convention of your argument and the position you are taking. Therefore, answer your research question thoroughly and stay aligned with your thesis statement. Then, if you struggle to write an informative and impressive research paper, follow these tips to write the best paper and secure the best grades.