Disgusted with the plethora of files on your Windows 10 PC. Or do you have a low-performing Windows PC with sluggish boot times, abrupt crashes, and many other PC errors? If yes, continue reading the guide and we’ll show you some amazing ways to free up wasted space on your Windows PC. Windows Operating System provides ample ways to delete unwanted files from the C: drive as well as other internal and external drives.
While the latest tech laptops and desktops come with humongous storage space. They all get filled with videos, apps, games, and files over time and affect the smooth functioning of Windows PC, and can also pose different performance issues.
If you too are a victim of a sluggish PC, there are many inbuilt Windows tools like OneDrive files on demand, compact OS, NTFS compressions, and many others that aim at deleting unwanted files from C: drive as well as other internal and external storages. These inbuilt tools aid in restoring storage space, enhancing improvement, performance, as well as other problems.
In this guide, we will walk you through some of the best manual ways as well as how to use the best PC cleaning and optimization tool for Windows. There is a varied range of optimization tools available in the market that claims to deliver the best of their ability. However, we tested a good number of optimization tools and came up with the best optimization tool from Systweak Software which is Advanced System Optimizer.
How to Remove Unwanted Files from C Drive in Windows 10?
Now that we know how important it is to clean unwanted files from a Windows PC, let’s go ahead and read both the manual ways and how to use the best PC optimization tool.
1. Advanced System Optimizer:
Advanced System optimizer by Systweak Software offers an amazing PC optimization tool that lets you clean, protect and optimize windows 10 PC. This excellent tool is a bag full of powerful features that ensures a smooth running and a high-performing PC.
Advanced System Optimizer comes with dedicated modules to optimize the registry, provide security and privacy to a Windows PC, help in overall regular maintenance, managing the startup, uninstall unwanted applications, and much more. It also comes with a one-click optimization tool names smart PC care that scans your PC for multiple issues and resolves them with a click. Not only this, but you can also schedule the smart PC care to run automatically keeping your Windows PC up to date and optimized always.
2. Empty The Recycle Bin:
Emptying the Recycle Bin is by far the easiest and the best way to remove unnecessary files from your Windows PC. For this simply,
- Open the Recycle Bin by clicking on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop.
- Go through the items and the files present in the Recycle Bin. Once you know that none of the files are necessary, click on the empty Recycle Bin option to permanently delete files from a Windows PC.
3. Perform Disk Cleanup:
Another effective way to remove or delete unwanted files from C: Drive is to use the Disk Cleanup feature in Windows. To perform Disk Cleanup follow the steps below:
- Open Start and in the search box type Disk Cleanup. From the list that populates, select Disk Cleanup and press enter.
- You will be asked to select the drive. Simply select the drive you wish to clean up and then click on OK.
- Now, click on the Cleanup system files option and then choose the drive from the drop-down menu.
- Here, select C: drive and then click on the OK button.
- Under the Files to delete heading, checkmark what category of files you wish to delete while performing Disk Cleanup.
- Once done click on OK and then finally, click on the Delete Files button to remove all the unwanted files from the drive.
This not only improves the overall performance but also recovers ample wasted space.
4. Transfer Files From C: Drive To Another Folder or An External Drive:
By emptying the Recycle Bin and performing Disk Cleanup your PC can perform better. However, if this doesn’t help consider removing the unwanted files from C: drive to an external drive. Having an external drive, not only lets you easily transfer the data but also frees up internal disk space thereby boosting the performance of the Windows PC
5. Using A Duplicate Files Fixer Application:
Another effective way to remove unwanted files from the C drive and Windows 10 is by detecting and deleting all sorts of duplicate files that eat up storage space on your PC. Duplicate Files Fixer is an amazing tool that easily scans and delete duplicate files from internal drives, external drive as well as Google drive.
Wasn’t that easy, if you have a PC full of unwanted files and are looking for optimum ways to get rid of the unwanted files from C: drive on your Windows PC, the above-mentioned workarounds may prove helpful. While the manual ways are effective, it is advised to install Advanced System Optimizer without delay and get a clean, high performing, and optimized Windows PC.